miércoles, 27 de enero de 2010

La influencia del centeno en la cultura popular #9

Pero, ¡quién dice que los raperos no leen! Fuera tópicos; algunos compositores de rap han leído uno, al menos.

Si se tararean estas líneas a ritmo de hip hop haciendo hincapié en la rima, se puede pasar un buen rato.

Beastie Boys en «Shadrach»:

Got more stories than J. D. got Salinger,
I hold the title and you are the challenger.

Aesop Rock en «Save Yourself»:

Naw man it wasn't me, it was Holden Caulfield, brother
I just read and pulled the trigger.

Jedi Mind Tricks en «Trinity»:

The one who's seated, on the throne within in a forcefield
You'll get tossed and feel lost like Holden Caulfield
Raw deal...

A estos se conoce que les gustó mucho, porque repitieron en «Put Em In The Grave»:

I'm like Mark David Chapman with a Salinger book
Stalk my enemy and let the fuckin' silencer cook

Everlast en «So Long»:

So with a tear in his eye,
he's gonna catch 'em in the rye.


Canibus en «Box Cutter Blade Runner»:

Have you ever read a book called 'The Catcher in the Rye'?
It so happens I'm looking for a copy I could buy.

1 comentario:

Óscar dijo...

Joder, ha sido publicar tu mensaje sobre los raperos y el centeno y....
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/29/books/29salinger.html?hp